Friday 17 May 2013

How much I miss my Au Pair?


I am a grown up teenage girl now. I don’t have any siblings and both my parents are busy, quite busy in their personal lives. When I was a baby, my grannies used to live at our place so they could take care of me but they could not stay forever at our place. So, I was sent to daycare. I liked being with other kids and playing with so many toys.

When I was 5 years old, my parents decided to get an Au Pair for me. I was told that they would call a lovely girl in our family for some time to take care of the things around.  As a single kid, I didn’t like the idea initially because I thought my parents’ love and attention would get divided between me and her but I was wrong. I was so wrong.
She was from Australia and her name was summer. Mommy and Daddy were nice to her and she was nice to all of us. She was given her own room, next to mine. She used to play with me when my parents were out for work, used to help me in my home-work, used to take me to gardens and play-grounds. I liked her in fact I loved her. Summer saw me growing from a child to a girl. She was just like a family member and we all loved each other.
She used to help my parents in house chores too. She had joined some classes on weekends so then I got to see her less as she used to study too but she was always there whenever I needed her. She was like a mother, a father, a friend and a sister. Though she stayed with us just for a year but I would never forget her. She taught me many things apart from playing with me.
She visited us twice after she left our place. She was an amazing girl. I wish all the happiness in world for her and wish every kid gets an Au Pair like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment